On September 22, 2020, the Modoc County Board of Supervisors allocated $100,000 of Federal Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) administered by the State of California to support economic and community resiliency, and offset COVID-19 related economic hardships and disruptions to local businesses through a local grant program.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
For more information or to request an application in Excel or Word format contact Suzi Kochems at email@example.com
Grant applications will be accepted starting on September 28, 2020. It is the intent of the program to provide support to as many businesses as possible; however, the County realizes that funding is limited to funds on hand as a result of the Coronavirus Relief Fund.
Businesses applying for the Business Grant Program must meet certain eligibility criteria. Due to limited funds, not all applications submitted will receive funding and some applications may receive an amount less than requested. Subsequent funding rounds and application dates will be determined based on the availability of funds. The CRF Business Grant Program is being administered by Modoc County.
USE OF FUNDS
Grant funds may be used to mitigate lost revenue due to business interruption or closure and plans to re-open, any necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 10, 2020, and in accordance with federal guidance, as specified here: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Coronavirus-Relief-Fund-Guidance-for-State-Territorial-Local-and-Tribal-Governments.pdf
All costs claimed must be in excess of any federal funding obtained through the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Coronavirus Food Assistance Program, or other federal funds released due to the impact of COVID-19 or losses covered by insurance.
ELIGIBILITY/ Who can apply?
The minimum eligibility to receive a grant will be determined on the following basis. Eligible businesses must:
- Be a legal resident of the U.S.;
- Be at least 18 years of age or older;
- Owner has or will have a valid SS#, EIN, DUNS, Business Bank Account;
- Owner/Applicant is not currently in bankruptcy;
- Owner/Applicant is current with property taxes and municipal fees, or has a payment plan in place with the municipality as of May 30, 2020;
- Business will have active liability insurance within 30 days;
- Have a physical business location in Modoc County;
- Not have a conflict of interest with Modoc County, the Municipality, or the operating program agency;
- Applicant must be the business owner and/or leading executive (President, CEO, CFO, COO, or any such other similar title.);
- Have been in business since July 2019 (including months when the business was closed to the public due to COVID-19);
- Have majority ownership by an individual whose primary residence is within Modoc County;
- Comply with Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
- Be free of Federal, State or local liens or judgments or other conditions that would exclude the business, or owner if a sole proprietor, from receiving federal funds, including debarment;
- Not be owned by a member or in the immediate family of a member of the Board of Supervisors of Modoc County; and
- Not be an ineligible business including gambling establishments, adult companies (Adult toys and novelty items, strip clubs, retail and e-commerce for adult sales, and other personal adult services), cannabis-related businesses, or lobbying.
APPLICATION PROCESS and TERMS
The application window for the County of Modoc Coronavirus Relief Funds Business Grant Program will open on September 28, 2020, and will remain open based on funds availability.
Round 1 September 28th – October 6th Approval by Board of Supervisors on October 13th
Round 2 October 7th – October 20th Approval by Board of Supervisors on October 27th
Completed applications must be submitted in the following ways:
- Online: Click here to access the online application
- By Mail: County of Modoc
CARES Act Grant Program
204 South Court Street, Room 100
Alturas, CA 96101
- Delivered-to: Modoc County Courthouse
Office of Administration
204 South Court Street, Room 100
Alturas, Ca 96101
Applications must be completed, signed, and include all required documentation to be considered for funding.
Submission of an application in no way obligates the County to award a grant and the County reserves the right to reject any and all applications, wholly or in part, at any time, without penalty. If the application is found complete, the application will be reviewed for eligibility and considered for funding.
If awarded, this application becomes a binding contract between the business applicant and the County of Modoc.
All awarded applicants will be required to submit evidence that the grant funds have been spent in the manner and for the purposes stated in this application by no later than December 21, 2020. If there are unspent funds as of December 10, 2020, you must return the unspent funds to the County of Modoc. Evidence provided must be to the satisfaction of the County.
Each grant recipient of CRF funds shall report COVID-19 related, “costs incurred” during the “covered period” (period beginning on March 1, 2020, and ending on December 10, 2020). Each grant award recipient shall report data according to these requirements.
A final report will be due by December 21, 2020, and shall include the following:
- Submit Budget/Reporting Template (Attachment A) fully completed with documentation attached, as noted below.
- Original receipts of purchases made related to addressing the public health emergency due to COVID-19.
- Any other documentation that will support the costs noted on the budget/reporting template.
- Payroll, time records, human resource records to support costs incurred for payroll expenses related to addressing the public health emergency due to COVID-19.
Records shall be maintained for a period of five (5) years after a grant award is made using CRF funds. These record retention requirements are applicable to all grantees.
For more information or to request forms in Excel or Word format contact Suzi Kochems at firstname.lastname@example.org