Registrar of Voters
The Elections Department is located at:
108 E Modoc Street
Alturas, CA 96101
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Modoc County Elections is a division of the County Clerk’s Office. The Modoc County Registrar of Voters is an ex-officio position of the County Clerk and performs duties as mandated by federal, state, and local law. We are to ensure the electoral process will be conducted professionally, consistently demonstrating neutral and non-partisan decision-making, based upon a thorough knowledge of and compliance with all election laws by administering them timely, responsively and with integrity on behalf of those we serve.
Our office carries out the following duties:
- Administers and conducts all Federal, State, County, City, School, and Special District elections
- Maintaining voter files for the County of Modoc
- Promoting and encouraging Voter Registration
- Processing and Certifying Initiative Referendum, Recall, and Candidate Nomination Petitions
- Processing and Maintaining Election Records including Candidate Filings
- Precinct and District Boundary Maintenance
- Providing Vote by Mail services
- Locating Polling Places that are accessible to the elderly and disabled voters
- Recruiting, Appointing, and Training Election Day Workers
- Programming/Testing Ballot Count System
- Tally/Certification of Ballots Cast
- Conducts Official Canvass of the vote and recounts thereof
The County Clerk is also the official filing officer for campaign disclosure and statement of economic interests as provided by state and local laws.
Would you like to learn more about how an election works, earn a little money and help out your community at the same time? Then please fill out the poll worker application below. We would love to have you! You can also call our office and we would be happy to mail you an application, or you can come into the office to pick one up in person.
Application for Voter Information
Poll Worker Application
Precinct Map - City
Supervisor District Map